The Ultimate List of Activity Toys for Babies and ToddlersActivity toys make learning possible through doing. Stack your first blocks, make a peg design, roll the beads along the wire maze, sort basic shapes into slots, create patterns, nest the cubes by sizes – everything that you do with the little fingers develop young minds. Activity toys from Educational Toys Planet nourish cognitive perception and thinking abilities. They come in all shapes, sizes, and materials from the well-recognized toy makers that proved safe educational environment for the young children. From the first months to grade school children make sensorial discoveries, learn to analyze what they could sense, and apply their abilities and skills to the more challenging tasks. Activity Toys are a popular choice for children, and when it comes to quality, there are few that can rival the level of play value that our hand-selected toys offer. Babies are very active and inquisitive. They want to explore the world around them and make new discoveries. Activity toys for babies and toddlers develop many important skills including fine motor, gross motor, visual motor, language, problem solving and emotional development. Educational Toys Planet offers a wide variety of baby and toddler activity toys for your little one to develop their fine and gross motor skills. Our educational toys for babies and toddlers include colorful balls, rattles, musical toys, blocks, construction toys, magnetic toys, shape sorters, educational puzzles and more. We have hand picked a few of the highest rated toys for babies and toddlers. Here are our favorites!
Stacks of Circles Stacking Ring
Sassy Stacks of Circles Stacking Ring STEM Learning Toy, Age 6+ Months,...
- Straight post accepts different sized rings, strengthening hand-eye coordination
- Chunky rings make it easy for baby to grasp, strengthening fine motor skills
- Each ring features a different texture and weight; Textural variety is great for mouthing!
Winkel Rattle & Sensory Teether Toy
Manhattan Toy Winkel Rattle & Sensory Teether Toy, Blue/Green/Orange, 5...
- BABY TEETHING TOY MADE FOR LITTLE HANDS: The Winkel features a mesmerizing maze of soft, continuous BPA-free teething tubes, and can be refrigerated for additional soothing comfort - a perfect baby chew toy for tiny hands.
- DEVELOPMENTAL BABY TOY: Babies are instantly drawn to this colorful and lightweight infant toy. The Winkel promotes clutching and two-handed play while the center cube with tapered corners encases a quiet but pleasing baby rattle to provide auditory stimulus.
- TIME-HONORED CLASSIC: With over 25 years engaging babies and soothing even the fussiest of teethers, the Winkel is a perfect shower gift for new moms. Safe and dependable, this classic toy for babies has received numerous accolades and has proven to be a true baby go-to and parent must-have.
The First Years Stacking Cups
The First Years Stack N Count Cups
- Colorful Baby Toys: 8 brightly colored cups stack together with Unique Holes in the Bottom for water play
- Stacking Cups: Children love to fit toy cups together, stack them up, or turn them over and hide things underneath
- Baby Development Toys: Large numbers on the bottom to practice counting & number recognition
VTech Pop-a-Balls Push and Pop Bulldozer
VTech Pop-a-Balls Push and Pop Bulldozer Amazon Exclusive,Red
- Push the handle to roll the red bulldozer across the floor and watch it pop balls out of the chimney into the bucket
- Press the buttons to learn colors, numbers, phrases and music
- Roll the bulldozer and trigger motion sensors to listen to fun tunes and songs on the move stimulating attention and coordination
Soft Building Blocks
Mini Tudou Baby Blocks Soft Building Blocks Baby Toys Teethers Toy...
- 【Relief Design】Baby blocks set included 12 pieces blocks,Each blocks has an embossed animal,shape,fruit,Arabic numerals and geometrical patterns on the sides.And Children can develop their sense of touch and vision by touching and observing these embossed patterns.This amazing blocks can help baby better grow up in their early childhood development.
- 【Stacking Toy】These baby building blocks are soft,durable and easy to be picked up and stacked together by baby’s hand.It also can be squeezed and will making a squeak sound.
- 【Teethers】It is soft,chewable and perfectly for the baby who are aged 6 months and just get their first teeth.
Award Winning Activity ToysWe love to play and we know you do too. We have picked award winning activity toys that are fun, safe and educational for kids of all ages. Our award winning toys are designed to stimulate the brain and help children develop their problem solving skills and motor skills. These toys will keep your child’s hands busy while keeping them entertained and occupied.
Award Winning Durable Pound A Ball
Durable Pound A Ball Toys for Toddler, Stacking, Learning, Active, Early...
- FINE MOTOR PROMOTION: This Multi-color pound a ball is ideal for hammering practice, Promotes dexterity, hand eye coordination, manipulation, arm movement, cause and effect.
- KID FRIENDLY: The design of hammer and balls are specially made for little hands and suitable for an easy grip. your child will love seeing the ball slide from layer to layer
- EASY PLAY: The smooth-sanded balls Drop down after hammered/pounding and sends the balls rolling down the ramp out the on the bottom tray.
Activity Tree – Forest Friends Discovery Tree
Fat Brain Toys Activity Tree - Forest Friends Discovery Tree Baby Toys &...
- A JUNGLE OF EARLY-LEARNING EXCITEMENT! Every side is packed with fun experiences to explore!
- FEATURES BEAD RAILS, SPINNING GEARS, opening doors, a clock with moveable hands, and much more!
- PERFECT FOR AGES 2 YEARS AND UP; Made of high-quality wood; Durable construction; Exceptionally safe
Country Critters Wooden Activity Play Cube
Country Critters Wooden Activity Play Cube by Hape | Wooden Learning Puzzle...
- HUB OF ACTIVITY: This sort and discover activity play cube consists of five sides. Watch them enjoy the beaded adventure land, a shape sorter, a stand in a queue, a turnplate and tap to the bottom activity
- COUNTRYSIDE INSPIRED: This activity cube is an animal inspired play cube includes ten pieces featuring wooden balls, shapes, wooden pounder, and more
- ENCOURAGE MOTOR SKILL DEVELOPMENT: This learning puzzle toy for toddlers assists in motor skills, logic skills and perseverance
Lamaze Developmental Activity Center
Lamaze 3-in-1 Airtivity Center – Developmental Sensory Toy Activity...
- Air-Powered Activity Table: First of its kind, this sensory activity center engages your child through air powered play; it’s the mess-free water table alternative that parents and kids are loving
- The Magic of Air: Baby’s love feeling the air as they play, and watching how it affects the toys keeps them engaged
- Multiple Sensory Toy: Entertaining air-powered toys and games means there’s always something fun to play with
Award Winning Hape Walk-A-Long Activity Snail
Award Winning Hape Walk-A-Long Snail Toddler Wooden Pull Toy, L: 11.9, W:...
- LEARNING AND EXPLORING COMPANION: Perfect tagalong push or pull toy for your little one as they gain confidence in learning and exploring
- REMOVABLE SHAPE SORTER SHELL: Bright and colourful toddler toy. The shell features three differently shapes holes for toddlers to practice shape sorting on one side and an elastic-banded opening on the other. Sorter comes with a blue triangle, red cylinder and yellow square
- SAFE TO PLAY WITH: Durable and sturdy wood toddler toy, contains water-based paint and has non-toxic finishes
Types of Activity Toys for Babies and ToddlersThere are all kinds of activity toys — and you’ll find a big range of prices and quality. Your child’s age and interests will help decide what the best activity toys for them are. Some types of such toys include:
- Educational toys that teach skills such as color, counting, letter recognition and more. They may have a board or other pieces to build with. They may be educational in nature, or they may simply be fun and engaging.
- Physical toys like building blocks, stacking cups, puzzles, and dolls. These are usually fairly inexpensive, and can be used in many ways.
- Toys that encourage movement, like balls, balls with different textures, and ball pits. These are also very affordable, and most kids love to play with them.
- Toys that encourage imagination, like cardboard boxes, buckets, and dress-up clothes. These are typically more expensive, but will encourage your child to be creative, and sometimes help with self-expression.
- Toys that stimulate the senses, such as music, light and sound. These may be educational, or just fun. A musical keyboard, drum set, or guitar are good options. These are also wonderful to pass down to younger siblings.
- Toys that encourage creativity are always a good choice. They allow your child to explore their environment, and express themselves through play.
- Activity toys that promote fine motor skills are especially useful when your baby or toddler is young. Your baby can grab, pull, push, and put things in their mouth. This helps with developing coordination, hand-eye coordination, and motor skills. Toys that promote problem solving will help your baby develop a sense of confidence and patience. These are also helpful for children who have learning disabilities.
Tips for Choosing Activity Toys
- Baby and toddler activity toys should be durable, safe, and affordable
- Babies don’t need as many toys or gadgets as adults
- Toys should be chosen based on child’s interest and abilities
- Toys should be chosen to keep your child active and challenged
- Buy soft, colorful toys that baby will play with on his own, then put away when he’s tired
- Play music or sing songs together to build language skills
- Toys that stimulate babies’ sensory and motor development should not be noisy, bright, or flashy
- It would be beneficial to seek out activity toys that are made out of natural materials like wood
- Children need to learn how to interact with each other, develop social skills, and learn about others, so we should use activity toys to encourage group play, sharing and interacting
What activities help toddler development?Toddlers need a variety of things to learn and develop physically, mentally, emotionally, socially, culturally, and spiritually. Activities that foster this development are listed below:
- Physical – Riding a bike, roller skates, playground equipment, sports, playing with other kids
- Mental – Books, songs, puzzles, playdough, board games, card games, memory games, talking to each other
- Emotional – Coloring, drawing, singing, dancing, puppets, music, story telling,
- Social – Going to a park or playground, playing in a sand box, going to the library, attending a birthday party, watching TV or movies
- Cultural – Reading stories, learning new languages, playing instruments, visiting museums, going to the zoo, going to an ethnic restaurant, watching foreign films, going to a museum exhibit.
Safety checklist when playing with activity toysAlways use your best judgment when playing with activity toys. The following is a list of tips and questions to ask yourself before, during, and after playing with activity toys:
- Choose appropriate toys for your child’s age and abilities. Check the toy packaging to ensure that recommended ages are in range. Use a toy only when it is in good condition – free from tears, cracks or other damage, clean from dust and dirt, undamaged paint and batteries intact in battery powered toys where required.
- Do not let your child play with the toy if it appears damaged or has sharp or pointed edges and avoid toys which can be choked on.
- Check for small parts, long cords and strings, sharp objects and loose fasteners which may present a choking hazard. Avoid toys with sharp blades as these may cause serious cuts. Keep ribbons out of reach of children under 3 years.
- Avoid toys which require assembly or supervision at all times – give to your child when they have the skills and ability to play with the toy safely without supervision e.g., a tricycle for a 5 year old not a 20 month old.
- Check that the height is appropriate for the space available in your home and keep toys with cords out of reach – do not tie or string them up so children can’t climb up and play on the toy.
- Do not leave batteries in a child’s reach as they may be swallowed or cause burns.
- Turn off and unplug the toy when it isn’t being played with.
- Avoid giving your child toys containing small removable batteries.
- Avoid mixing old batteries with new ones, don’t mix alkaline, standard (carbon-zinc), or rechargeable (nickel-cadmium) batteries because they have different voltages and can leak into each other causing damage.
- Don’t let your child play with the packaging to avoid suffocation.
Examples of Brands of Activity Toys Available on the Market Today
- Little Tikes. There’s nothing that little kids enjoy more than playing. From baby toys to stimulate and teach them as they reach developmental milestones, to pre-school toys to help them interact with the world around them, there’s plenty to keep them entertained.
- Melissa and Doug. The assortment of products include baby toys, infant toys, bath toys, beach toys, blocks, pull toys, puzzles, plush toys, play food, magnetic activities, musical toys, playsets, dollhouses, activity tables, dollhouses, sticker pads, toddler toys, toy cars and trucks, sturdy wooden toys, educational toys and more.
- Fisher-Price offers a collection of baby and kid’s toys, including walkers, tricycles, play mats, soft toys, baby mobiles, bath time toys, push toys, rattles, stuffed animal and plush toys, highchairs, baby entertainment centers, electronic learning toys, and feeding toys. Play is the best gift for any baby shower, birthday, holiday, or anytime.
- VTech manufactures many types of interactive toys for babies and toddlers that offer cuddly plush toys, teethers, night light projectors, and other fun items.
- Manhattan Toy activity toys. Their mission is to bring joy to everyday play. Manhattan Toy believe that kids learn through the experience of play. Play isn’t just fun, it’s essential to a child’s cognitive, emotional and social development. At Manhattan Toy, they remember that the most powerful thing any of us play with in this life is our imagination.