Adventures in science are awaiting for all curious young scientists with our vast selection of Science Kits. Educational Toys Planet offers science kits from the most reputable toy manufacturers: Scientific Explorer, The Young Scientists Club, Thames & Kosmos, Slinky, 4M, and many others. Our science kits for children cover various fields of interest: chemistry, physics, mechanics, weather, geology, biology, anatomy, astronomy, energy, electronics, botany, forensics, and much more! Children will be excited to experiment, observe and discover the full-of-wonders world of science with the science kits from beginners to advanced young scientists. Get ready to explore and be amazed as you play with our unique and fun science kits.
There are many options that will work well. Each science kit has its own set of instructions, safety guidelines and materials to use. The main thing parents want their kids to be doing is having fun with safe materials while learning something new in the process. There are several types of kits which include: simple experiments, exciting projects, educational toys and experiments, and fun experiments.
Simple Experiment Kits
These are simple science kits that have the materials included that the kids will need to perform a specific experiment. These usually involve kitchen ingredients such as baking soda and vinegar. They also include instructions for how to make something like a geyser or a volcano eruption using these common household items together. There is usually a small science lesson in the experiment that will help the child understand it better when completed.
- MORE ERUPTIONS EQUALS MORE FUN – This kids science kit packs more eruption powder than ever before! You get 3x the eruption powder, plus pop crystals which add an exciting sound to your eruptions. Science kits like this are fun for everyone!
- UNFORGETTABLE SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS – This is a great hands-on experiment kit for any science fair; the updated mold and instructions make it easy to assemble a sturdy volcano form and realistic paint colors give the volcano a lifelike look.
- YOU GET REAL VOLCANIC ROCKS – Includes a pumice and a geode specimen so your kids can see real rocks created by a volcano! A full-color learning guide teaches about each rock and provides a wealth of educational information on volcano science.
- AUTHENTIC BIRTHSTONE SPECIMENS - This dig kit is truly special! Inside the beautifully designed dig brick are 12 precious and semi-precious gemstones. Your kids will love digging and discovering these dazzling specimens!
- A SPECIAL GEMSTONE FOR EVERYONE - Every kid will find their own special birthstone in this gemstone dig kit! Garnet, diamond, ruby, pearl, sapphire, amethyst, emerald, opal, blue topaz, citrine, aquamarine, and peridot are all hidden within.
- A COMPLETE SCIENCE KIT - This STEM kit is easy to use, thanks to the dig tool, brush, magnifying glass, and easy-to-follow instructions. A detailed learning guide teaches kids about each stone, too. A display bottle with keychain is also included.
- Grab A Soda Then Prepare For The Show: This Extreme science set has everything you need except the 2-liter soda! It includes a uniquely crafted geyser tube, Mentos candies, and 3 cap variations to experiment with different mesmerizing eruption styles: Turbo cap for runaway flow; Triple cap for fountain flow; and Soaker cap for fan flow. Try them all!
- Combining Critical Thinking & Creativity: While your students or children are watching in awe, they’re also using their curious minds to figure out complex questions like, “How and why do these ingredients react like this?” They can try different approaches in creative ways to observe fascinating outcomes. Sounds like a real blast—and it IS!
- Try It At School, Home, & Parties: If you’re a teacher or have kids at home, the Steve Spangler Science Extreme Geyser Tube is a must-have learning tool. Birthday parties get a thrilling boost when you include it as a group activity or a special gift-bag treat. It’s sure to become the kids’ favorite science experiment kit.
Exciting Projects Kits
These are kits with materials included for making larger projects such as a model car, miniature rockets or a water powered hydrofoil. These projects typically have more complex instructions and take some time to complete them. There is a larger science lesson in the instructions for these kits that makes them educational.
Educational Toys and Experiments
This type of kit contains a toy, in addition to the materials needed to do a fun experiment with it. There are many types of toys which can be used along with this type of kit, such as magnifying glasses, binoculars, telescopes, musical instruments, etc. These types of toys can be used to learn about more than just science and the kids will have fun at the same time.
Fun Experiments Kits
This type of kit contains materials and instructions for making small projects such as a rocket or a model car. They usually include things like balloons, paper plates and markers to help with the project. These kits are usually less expensive than most of the other types of kits on this list are. Because they have fewer materials, some kids may find them boring since they do not have as much variety in what they can do with their finished product.
- Make your own groovy glowing gummies, hard candy, and sweet ice cubes!
- Mold your yummy creations into groovy shapes like peace signs, smiley faces, butterflies, and more, and make them taste great with the included fruit punch and tropical pineapple flavor mixtures!
- Learn about the physics of luminescence and the chemistry behind how the candies form.
Tips on Finding a Perfect Science Kit
- Science kits should provide an opportunity for hands-on learning.
- Kids like science kits that are fun and colorful.
- Science kits should be exciting, and fun to use.
- Science kits for kids are often designed to be used with adult supervision.
- Science kits are typically intended for children who are 5 years old and older.
- The best way to teach kids about science is by letting them experience it.
- Science is about exploration and discovery, not memorization.
- Science kits are an inexpensive way to give your child a head start on learning.